This week was a true turning point in the Welcoming Building project. We are on our way to connecting SVUUS program spaces via an elevator and creating a new, fully accessible, gender neutral, family restroom just off the lobby.
- The budget was finalized and approved by the Board.
- The construction contract was signed.
- A check was cut for the elevator.
- The library next to Christopher’s office was emptied of junk in anticipation of construction of a new, fully accessible, gender neutral, family restroom in September. Thanks to Connie Gates, John Hilke and Christopher Scuderi for literally clearing the way!
- A project implementation team consisting of Val Bradshaw, Lynn Deal, David Lane, Altaf Rahman, and Robyn Taylor was chartered and convened to prepare for implementation.
- A Campaign Committee consisting of Neko Carrillo, Sage Carrillo, Connie Gates, D. D. Hilke, John Hilke, David Lane, Claire Montanya, Pam Murray, Deb Rosenberg and Teinamarrie Scuderie set priorities and committed to reaching our goal of $140,000 raised by the end of this year.
- $70,000 is already raised!
- The Campaign divided forces with co-chair Pam Murray leading a team that aims to get everyone involved, oversee communications and celebrate our success with each step along the way. Want to get involved? Contact Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- D. D. Hilke will lead a team focused on grant writing, personal asks, and coordination with the project team and Board liaison.
- Want to contribute? Contact D. D. Hilke at email@example.com or send your check to Christopher Scuderie at SVUUS or download our handy pledge form at: http://beta.manyone.net/communities/groups/topics/view/2543/14589/
Leave a comment and let us know you visited? Or become a member!